.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Spica Observed

The Moon glides past Spica in the early evening.

Well, my astrophotography jinx stayed away for one night. The sky, which was cloudy for most of the day, cleared up in time for me to take some shots of the Moon near Spica. Unfortunately, the event occurred just on top of our family dinner, so I had to rush around a bit putting out the dinner things and taking the odd shot.

I couldn't do any telescope imaging until dinner was over. So Spica was past its closest approach and wouldn't fit into the frame in one shot, some assembly was required. Anyway, it think they came out reasonably well under the circumstances. I also got some shots of a shadow transit of Jupiter. I'll process them later.

Spica above the Moon, mosaic of 3 images (not guaranteed to be perfectly aligned. Click to enlarge the image.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?