.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, April 05, 2008

 

Viewing the Moon, Mercury and Venus

It's been a bit of a heavy week here at Chez Reynella, so when I rolled out of bed this morning in a sleepy haze I found that I had a very short time to catch the conjunction of the Moon, Mercury and Venus.

I staggered out into the morning, and after a moment I realised that the sky wasn't covered with cloud, as it has been for the past few days. S0 I dug out my camera and headed out into the street to catch the planets.

While the sky wasn't covered in cloud, there was an inconvenient patch just where the Moon and Venus was. Fortunately, the cloud moved away and I was able to catch the three before the sky became too light. Then it was off to wake Eldest One to go to his cricket match.

Where is Mercury, you ask?Look carefully at the image (you may need to click on it to enlarge it) and you will see Mercury peaking out from behind the chimney on the lower right. It's easier to see in the animation below.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?