.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 15, 2010

 

Comet 103P/Hartley near NGC 1491

Comet 103P Hartley is getting very bright now (for astronomical values of "bright", it's just a dim fuzzy dot to the unaided eye).

Last night I got some images of the comet near the nebula NGC 1491 and the Open cluster King 7. To the immediate left is a cropped wide-field shot from Global Rent a Scope GRAS 14 (stack of 3 black and white images at 60 seconds each). Click to embiggen (it's worth it). Due to stacking the images on the stars the comet is smeared.






This image is an RGB composed image of single 90 second RBG frames taken with GRAS 05. Again click to embiggen. I used the RGB composer module of Image J, I think I'm doing it wrong, maybe I should read the manual :-0

I have have been taking images of 103P for nearly 2 weeks. I really should post them.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
good shot...keep it up
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?