.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

 

My View of the Cloudy Conjunction of Venus and Jupiter (1 July 2015)

Venus and Jupiter as seen at around 18:30 ACST from Largs Bay, Adelaide on 1 July. 6 second exposure at ASA400  with my Canon IXUS. Click to embiggen.Venus and Jupiter as seen at around 18:30 ACST from Largs Bay, Adelaide on 1 July. 10 second exposure at ASA400 3x zoom with my Canon IXUS. Click to embiggen.

Most of the day was sunny with mostly blue skies and light hazy cloud, teasing me with the promise that I might just see tonight's conjunction. Right until sunset, when the cloud thickened.

There was a brief thinning of the cloud around 6:30 pm which allowed me to get these shots. You can just see Regulus if you embiggen them, with the unaided eye I could see Venus, and briefly just see Jupiter in the glow. In binoculars I could make both out before the cloud closed in.

Compare this shot with those from June the 28th, 21st and 20th.

I suppose I will just have to enjoy everyone else's pictures.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:
I got to see them while driving north from Sydney, but the clouds came over at home before I could get the scope out.
My youngest is enjoying seeing the moons of Jupiter move every night.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?